We're here for you
During these uncertain times, the world, our country and our local communities are experiencing emotional and financial hardships.
As a fifth generation, family owned and operated community bank, we've weathered market volatility, wars, and other health crises with our customers over the past 100 years, and we stand ready and well positioned to assist you through these uncertain times, as well.
Our thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by these turbulent events.
Adams Bank & Trust is offering our assistance to those impacted, both now and in the future. While new resources and programs are being announced daily by our government, we believe immediate help is needed to preserve businesses and jobs. We are your resource for help with the announced Small Business Administration Disaster Loans application process and have a task force assigned to develop new solutions for our customers as situations evolve.
How AB&T can help you right now
- Availability of certificate of deposit funds
- We understand that both businesses and individuals may have an increased need for liquidity during various stages of this situation, and should not be penalized. We are waiving pre-payment penalties* for redeeming Certificates of Deposit until July 31, 2020.
- Consumer loan relief
- Special payment extension options ranging from 30 to 90 days are available for consumer loan customers until June 30, 2020. Contact your relationship banker to see if you qualify.
- Immediate assistance loan programs
- We have developed emergency loan programs for our customers, whether a business, farm or an individual. Contact your relationship banker to see if you qualify.
- Government loan programs
- Our lending team has been actively monitoring the SBA Disaster Loan program announced by the government. Applications can be made now. Information is available at https://www.sba.gov/disaster
HOW AB&T WILL BE HERE FOR YOU IN THE FUTURE
Additional programs are being developed by our team daily. We are monitoring the announced government programs and proactively contacting customers who would benefit. A strategic task force has been established at our bank to educate the public and our bankers on these programs. Our team stands ready with resources available to assist with applications and answer questions.
Stay calm, stay safe, and remember, we will get through this together.